Results-driven marketing professional with over 15 years of experience in marketing program development and project management that supports new product introduction, brand building and market share growth. Accomplished in leading cross-functional marketing, engineering, sales and manufacturing teams to bring products and services to market. Proven success in creating strategic marketing plans, budgets, product launch tactics, brand-building communications and sales support activity reaching target audiences that influence brand preference decisions. Demonstrates results in capturing marketing metrics to gauge campaign success. Skilled leader in creating departments and developing employees. An action-oriented coach that advocates empowerment and accountability to ensure strategic success.
CRITICAL SKILL SETS
● Brand Strategy and Development
● Strategic Planning
● Product Development
● Market Analysis and Research
● Marketing Communications
● Content Strategy and Creation
● Social Media Marketing
● PPC – Google/Bing
● Marketing Automation Lead Generation
● PR/Media Relations
● Events Planning
● Graphic Design Management
● Talent Development
● Budget Oversight
Sr. Marketing Programs Manager | 8/2002 – 3/2013
Fatigue Technology/Precision Castparts Corp. – a Fortune 500 company
Built the marketing department for an aerospace engineering and manufacturing company with offices worldwide that realized record sales and profits every year.
- Developed Marketing Automation and CRM process that increased customer conversion rates by 80% and generated global qualified sales leads (like Eloqua, Aprimo).
- Launched new products with integrated marketing campaigns and sales tools which realized over $40M in sales and an average 270% MROI.
- Created content marketing strategy and plan which included the release of webinars, technical white papers, PR, customer testimonials, and sales tools. Wrote press releases, customer success stories, and newsletter content. Able to translate technical jargon into readable and effective communications.
- Managed 13 brands in five different markets to ensure brand identity, consistency, and message clarity. Developed brand positioning strategy and trained company managers on branding guidelines.
- Reduced marketing expenses 20% by utilizing and training internal resources.
- Defined and reported Customer Satisfaction metrics to senior management.
- Successfully led cross-departmental teams.
- Hired/trained direct reports and managed multiple supplier relationships.
- Spearheaded the design and branding of new products and packaging.
- Directed online marketing efforts that were integrated into company marketing strategy including web site development, SEO/SEM, PPC, social media content, and QR codes.
- Created sales tools for international sales team and representatives.
- Researched new market and defined/launched new product with potential sales of $13M.
- Planned and supervised over 30 international and domestic trade shows and customer events per year and managed speaking engagements and technical presentations.
Marketing Communications Manager | 3/2000 – 4/2001
Net Nanny Software International
Directed and developed marketing communications strategies and activities for business and consumer divisions of this international software manufacturer and Internet pioneer.
- Successfully launched two different software products in both the retail space (Internet filtering software) and enterprise market (keystroke biometric software) within a two-month time period, which included collaboration with completely different development, sales and marketing divisions within the company.
- Directed senior management and PR Department on messaging and branding strategies.
- Guided Web development team with web strategy, design/usability, content and e-commerce evaluation.
- Headed up senior management team in re-naming/re-branding the company.
- Built marketing communications department by hiring coordinators, designers and outside agencies.
Director of Marketing Communications | 8/1997 – 3/2000
Easy Systems Software Inc.
Developed and executed integrated marketing plans including marketing communication plan, brand strategy, product launches, collateral development, event planning, market research, direct/database marketing, advertising, web site design and content, trade shows and lead generation strategies for a financial software developer.
- Designed and implemented a new product rollout that realized a 2500% ROI and changed the strategic sales direction of the company from relying on independent representatives to the creation of an internal sales force.
- Developed internal training and U.S. market introductions for the new domestic sales force.
- Successfully re-branded corporate identity to align with new corporate direction.
- Implemented media campaigns providing national media coverage in industry publications and online reviews.
- Facilitated strong PR relationships and worked as primary media contact.
- Planned and executed media/analyst tours.
- Supervised/mentored marketing coordinator and defined and approved deliverables and priorities.
Brand Manager | 8/1994 – 8/1997
Sherwin Williams Paint Company/White Lightning Products Inc.
Spearheaded the development and implementation of national and international marketing strategies for consumer and professional product lines of caulks and sealants that represented over $85M in sales.
- Created national advertising and retail promotions for over 2,200 retail outlets which included advertising, POP displays, collateral, sales training, contests, sweepstakes, and premiums that increased sales by 400% and created positive brand awareness.
- Increased the overall quality and effectiveness of marketing campaigns by establishing promotional relationships with NASCAR and the ArnoldPalmerGolfAcademy.
- Opened up a new market with a new product line that included market research, competitive intelligence, packaging, pricing, promotions and advertising which generated $1.5M in sales in the first year.
- Developed media strategies to complement marketing and business objectives. Facilitated strong PR relationships and worked as primary media contact.
- Directed national trade shows strategy and logistics.
- Developed and managed retail customer acquisition and retention programs.
University of Washington | B.A. Communications – Marketing/Advertising
American Management Assoc. | Developing Competitive Marketing Strategies
University of Washington | Integrated Marketing Communications
● Premiere Pro
● After Effects,br>
● Java Script